Monday, January 14, 2013

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Custom Album Cover

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've uploaded anything. I haven't had much time to fix up album covers lately.

However, not having any luck finding good album art for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and upon finding a high resolution scan of the front cover, I decided I'd take it upon myself to make a simple, yet effective album cover.

If you look at the original source image, you'll notice that the black areas were not a completely solid color, to fix this I selected the black areas and adjusted the levels on only those areas until they were black as night.

For the complete version, I found some high resolution transparent PNG files for the various logos.  I decided to put the logos in the same general areas as the original NTSC case, to create a similar feel.  I think it turned out pretty well.

For the clean version, I kept the logos out, keeping things simple, and clean.

Let me know which one you guys prefer.

Complete Version
Clean Version

Original Source

No comments:

Post a Comment