Monday, October 21, 2013

Gunstar Heroes Original Soundtrack Custom Album Cover Art

Here's another one I did for Gunstar Heroes on the Sega Genesis.

I couldn't find a clean source image without text, so instead I just found the biggest, nicest quality scan I could find:
http://www.theoldcomputer.com/game-box-art-covers/Sega/Megadrive-Genesis/G/Gunstar%20Heroes%20(4).jpg

I took that image cropped it down to a 1:1 square, and used the clone stamp in Photoshop to get rid of the red border on the left, and a little bit of the logo on the top. Then I cleaned up the levels, making the colors a bit more vibrant, filtered out a lot of the noise from the scan, making everything a bit smoother, but without losing too much quality. I think the final result came out pretty nice.

Anyway, after that I found a transparent version of the Gunstar Heroes logo at this website: http://archive.kontek.net/gunstarheroes.classicgaming.gamespy.com/art.html

I took that pdf, converted it into a high-resolution transparent png, brought that png into photoshop, and positioned it on top of the freshly cleaned up cover. I then added some "Original Soundtrack" text, like I have with other covers.

So, I've got three versions here:

Standard Version
Alternate Version (No "Original Soundtrack" text)
Clean Version

No comments:

Post a Comment